Thursday, February 5, 2009

I ain't got nothing but love babe...

I recently taught some of my students how to say a Beatles phrase that I know my mom will get a kick out of. It took some explaining before they understood what "Eight days a week" means. I've created little monsters! Now they say that phrase with everything:

"Teacher, I miss you eight days a week."
"Teacher, you teach me English eight days a week."
Teacher, I eat rice eight days a week."

These outbursts are followed by fits of laughter by the students and me shaking my head thinking "that's great, but can you please finish conjugating these irregular verbs in the past tense?"

2 comments:

Mom said...

Cute...now you just have to move on to some Beach Boys and Jimmy Buffet. You will have them dancing in the aisles. You make everyone smile with your postings. When someone is having a "Monday", they can just read your stories. They are great! Hope you're keeping lots of great stories for a book. Love you. Miss you. Mom

Unknown said...

You are so cute lady! I really enjoy reading your blog and getting a glimpse into your life. I can't wait to hear the amazing stories form you. I can understand how you now appreciate the teachers you have had in the past. Keep blogging and keeping us in the loop. Love ya. Tripti